Monday, August 16, 2010

At 2am I begin the long trek to Namibia, and 36 hours later I will be completely immersed in an unknown land and culture - all in the pursuit of helping those less fortunate and expanding my understanding of life. But before I fully embark on this Peace Corps journey I wanted to say one last THANK YOU. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all the farewell cards, gifts, and going-away parties/dinners/get-togethers. Your encouragement throughout has truly been amazing and I know I wouldn’t be on the verge of actually following my dreams and passions without your tremendous support.

They say that Peace Corps is “the toughest job you’ll ever love”. I am ready to discover this for myself, while leaving behind the comfort and security of my surroundings in the U.S. I know you’ll be there cheering me on along the way!

Stay tuned…



2 comments:

  1. Much safety, luck and happiness. I'm sure you will greatly benefit many people here and there.
    Like Shrek said, I'm a believer.

    Peace,
    WL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful out there,keep us posted. Let us know of all your discoveries both positive and hopefully few negative ones. I'm sure it'll be tough, but you are tougher! We'll truely miss you, yet we're looking forward to our rendezvous. You make us so proud! Best of Luck.

    ReplyDelete